Close your eyes and think back to before you were diagnosed with Celiac Disease. What favorite dish do you miss the most? What baked good do you miss with a passion?
This cookbook will bring you back to feeling normal again. Feeling as if you haven’t missed a thing since going gluten-free.
Chandice & Tana have complied several amazing dishes from both of their kitchens to create this amazing must-have cookbook. All without breaking the bank!
They give you step-by-step instructions on how to stock your new gluten-free pantry. Give advice on how to buy in bulk and how beneficial meal prep can be. Not a week goes by now that I do not set aside time every Sunday night, no matter how tired that I may be, to write out my weekly meal plan to prepare for my Monday grocery shop. These ladies also encourage you to pull out that crock pot to make your life a little simpler & try to start making all of your gluten-free baked goods from scratch! With a little trial & error you will be well on your way to making everything from scratch too!
In this book they even offer a sample weekly meal plan as well as a grocery list, suggestions for Bento box lunches for little ones, and food storage to prepare for emergencies.
Their book breaks down into 6 chapters :
- Great Starts (breakfast items, make ahead breakfast items for family for the week)
- Soups, salads, sides and little bites
- The Main Event
- Bread and Rolls
- Delectable Desserts
- Holidays & Traditions (my favorite chapter)
A couple of our family favorites are :
- Bomb Breakfast Burritos
- Hash brown breakfast casserole
- Naan bread (seriously my kids and I can not get enough of this!)
- Salmon Patties with tarter sauce and red roasted potatoes
- Sweet & Sour Chicken with Ham Fried Rice (We call it Chanese Food Night) 😉
- Pao De Queijo (I could eat my weight in these rolls they are phenomenal)
- Peanut Butter Delights
- Soft Fluffy Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
I highly recommend this book for a newly diagnosed celiac and even a veteran celiac. This book has brought so many smiles on to our faces and into our bellies! Chandice & Tana knocked it right out of the gluten-free park with this book! It would also make a great Christmas gift, birthday gift or just because book for that special Celiac in your life.
If you have tried Gluten-Free On A Budget what is your favorite recipe?
* This book was sent to me free of charge. Opinions in this review are my own and I was not compensated for my review.