Months ago I made my Mom peppermint sugar scrub for her birthday. Ok, well almost a year ago now. She asks me bi-monthly for refills. I guess you can say she likes it. 🙂
I don’t have any fancy pictures for this post. I suck as a blogger, I know. I can’t compete with the masses. But alas one day I will have photography with every single post.
Back to the scrub. It is easy as 1-2-3 to make. Less than 5 minutes.
- Grab a bowl.
- Get a bag of sugar you prefer.
- Grab your favorite essential oil.
- Pick out your favorite oil (coconut, olive oil, almond oil) this one is personal preference.
- Melt coconut oil, if that is what you chose.
- Pour 2 cups of sugar into bowl, add in oil, add desired amount of essential oil into the mix.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Pour in reusable container & enjoy or give away as a gift!
If your batch is too dry and you want a more wet scrub, then just add more oil. Again, it’s all personal preference. Same with the sugar that you chose.
I hope you enjoy this scrub as much as Mom and I have! I love using the different variety of essential oils depending on the season. Did you know they make a winter blend essential oil (found it at Marshall’s) and it smells like egg nog?!? It’s phenomenal .